Saturday, May 12, 2012

today was the first day i slept in to 9!! crazy! that never happens. ever. i think it has something to do with the fact that my room is super dark. one thing i love about summer is that i can go to bed whenever i want. i've been getting my much needed 8 hrs of sleep (as opposed to the 5 i had for the past three months) and it is glorious!

i had to be at work today at 12 to help out with a cranberry outreach dealio. it is part of the science expeditions at the university. so i drove my butt to work and helped little kids and crazy hippie ladies plant cranberries and make mothers day cards with cranberry stamps.

i knew i still had to run  my 18 miles and was not exactly looking forward to it so i got some coffee (black of course) and went to walgreens to by mi madre a mothers day card. its fun and sassy just like me :) i started my run at 4:30 and the first 11 were great. the last 7 were rough. now my feet hurt like the dickens. running on the back roads of central wisconsin and the glacial drumlin trail ensures many animal sightings. about 30 chipmunks, a hawk, multiple geese, 2 deer, 1 butt ugly possum, a rabbit, and many people riding their bikes. props to those who were a lil  bit on the larger side getting out doing exercise!

oh! i have decided that i am going to start my own greenhouse. this is because too many people ask me what i am going to do with and environmental science degree. i can start my own business and grow plants in the winter. perfect. :) and i can have fresh vegetables all year long.

well this is an ode to an uneventful day. hopefully my days get more interesting or anyone who reads this will be incredibly bored. blah blah blah. okay. goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. HAVE YOU SENT MY CARD YET?.....MADRE

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha :) i just found it! i'll send it to you asap! :)

    ReplyDelete