Sunday, May 20, 2012

my God is an awesome God.



It just amazes me how God knows exactly what you need when you need it. It also is so cool that when you are right where God wants you he’s going to provide for you and give you a family away from your own.

This morning at church after I was done playing for the Spanish church, I was going upstairs when one of the ladies followed me and proceeded to hand me a $20 bill “para gasolina.” I knew I wasn’t going to have enough money for gas until I got paid again but I hadn’t prayed about it or anything. I think God does things like this to remind us that He is in control and to bring us back to the place where we are daily putting our trust in Him.

Also I love Sundays. I especially love my church. God has placed me in Grace Baptist Church and given me an amazing church family. I’m so thankful for them. I don’t know how people manage to live without any hope or God in their lives. It baffles my mind that people are so lost and have no clue what they are doing by rejecting Christ.

One thing we talked about in Sunday School was the question of  “Who am I?” and what defines you. Well this is my definition of who I am:
            I am a sinner           
            I am saved by grace
            I am a child of the King of Kings
            I have been given a robe of righteousness
            I have a home in heaven
            I have a heavenly father who loves me more than I could ever imagine
I think that God gives us personality traits and certain likes and dislikes, but the real you is your integrity and how you react and respond to certain situations, your goals in life, and your outlook and attitude on life. Your relationship with Christ will define you for who you really are. 

God. Is. So. Good. All. The. Time.

1 comment:

  1. very well put helen....i am so glad you have a special family away from home.....and a great church family....isn't it great how God gives us what we need?....you are learning some valuable life lessons....love you!..mom

    ReplyDelete