Monday, May 7, 2012

the alpha, which would be the first post by helen renee.

hi! this is my first blog and i'm kinda excited about it :) for my first post i'll just give you a lil bit about myself.


 we obviously are an outdoorsy kind of family.
i have a family of 4 brothers, 1 sister, and of course a mom and dad. it is never dull in my house. 


i have lived in maine my entire life. so mountains, the ocean, and moose are all very dear to my heart. three years ago when i first came to wisconsin i thought i would never like it. ever. it was so flat and there were not enough trees. well, God obviously wants me out here because he has changed how i view wisconsin. it is a very beautiful state. farms, fields, and good ol' ghetto milwaukee.
schoodic point looking towards cadillac mt. in acadia national park. pretty much  maine in a nutshell.

i turn the big 21 this summer and i'm on my own, as in i don't live with my family anymore. i was blessed to get a job at the university of wisconsin-madison on a research team for cranberries. yeah i know you're probably like, "cranberries?! what....?" well i am studying environmental science at maranatha baptist bible college and i thought it would be a good opportunity and look great on a resume. i also will be nannying three awesome kids. between these two jobs (60 hrs a week) i will be kept very busy. that's okay, i won't have time to get homesick or get in trouble.
june 16th is my first marathon. grandma's marathon in duluth, minnesota. let me tell you, it's going to be nice to be done with 18 mile long runs!

in july i plan on going on a missions trip with my church to el paso, texas and a navajo indian reservation in new mexico. i can't wait! it will be my first missions trip ever. hopefully not my last.


 i love my Savior, Jesus Christ. when i was ten i accepted Him into my heart. got baptized at twelve. at seventeen i was really doubting my salvation and then realized that Christ did everything for me on the cross of calvary; i didn't have to worry if i said the wrong words, God knew my heart. since Christ died for me, i only have one option and that is to live for him. i believe that God has a plan for me. i'm not quite sure what that is for the reset of my life, but right now i'm content with the job and life that he has given me and until he tells me to go somewhere else--here i am to stay :) i attend an amazing church, Grace Baptist Church, in madison, wisconsin; i play the piano for the spanish church--and absolutely love it!

i love to run, snowboard, crochet, flea market shop, chacos, dreads, and black raspberry chocolate chip frozen yogurt. someday i will go to nepal. 






2 comments:

  1. I like this blog! It's well written, and I learned a LOT about you! Thanks for choosing to write, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm enjoying your blog, helen!!..........and i enjoy you!!....i love you!!!.....mom

    ReplyDelete