Friday, July 6, 2012

life for the past couple of weeks


Its like Wisconsin slid down to the equator its so hot!!!!!  Today at 5:30 when I was driving home from work the bank said it was 105!! Crazy!! It makes me miss summers in Maine when a HOT day is 85 J. O well we can’t all ways have what we want.

Last weekend I was able to go to Maine. I flew into Portland at 11:30 pm and my brother, Mason, picked me up. Instead of driving all the way back to Jackman that night we stayed at his friend’s apartment in Freeport. By the time we got there it was 1:30am and neither of us had been to the said apartment. But we knew the general area of where it was…..this caused us to search multiple apartment complexes, go up  creepy attic stairs, and roam main street. Eventually we found it.

Thursday we drove up to Jackman, stopping in Madison so mason could surf the Madison Wave. We got up to Windfall (the rafting company that Mason works for) around 2 and everyone was going to kayak the Moose River. So I duckied the Moose River. Everyone tells me they are impossible to flip. But I know otherwise…haha.

Both Friday and Saturday I went rafting. Saturday I got hit on by a gross perverted bachelor party. Ew.

Sunday I went to the good ol’ Bucksport church and saw everyone and their mom. I was supposed to fly out of Portland at 7 that night but the plan never came so I had to wait for the next flight to Detroit…which was Monday morning : ) so that meant I was supposed to spend the night in the airport. I went and bought a runner’s world magazine and I had a protein bar and free wifi so I was good for the night. I found a nice smelly hairy couch and claimed it as my own so no other hobos would come and sleep next to me. A few minutes later my friend Mike messaged me on facebook and told me that I could stay at his friend’s apartment for the night. He came and brought me to said apartment where I watched bridesmaids—super trashy movie—and fell asleep. Monday morning he came and picked me up at 5 freakin 20 and I went to the Portland airport and was on my way to Detroit.

In Detroit the plane was delayed for 5 hrs because of ‘lavatory difficulties’ in other words someone clogged the toilet. Finally I left Detroit and made my way back to the scorching hot almost desert of Wisconsin.

This week I worked for three days. July 4th was fun. I went canoeing with Steph and Tim, her aunt and uncle, Rachel, and Morgan. I then came back to the house and watched part of the traditional 4th of July Twilight Zone marathon. I burned the tip top of my thighs…the part that never ever sees the sun. they got so burn’t they kinda got this purplish tint to them….its scary lookin and kills like the dickens.

Today I got my first parking ticket ever. I park in the visitors parking at an apartment complex then take the bus from there to where I work. Apparently I can’t do that. Its dumb cuz I’ve been parking there ever since last September.

My horn on my car is super touchy right now. Haha. If you just touch it, it will go off. Sometimes it goes off and then I feel like one of those fat people when they get out of their car and their fat attacks the horn. Lol.

I’m getting ready for the Botany Conference that I am going to on Monday. I have a poster that I’m supposed to present so I have to know pretty much everything about cranberries.

Well this is all I have today. Maybe I'll write more tomorrow. My friend told me I should write more so I think I will try :)


1 comment: