Monday, July 9, 2012

botany. botanical. botanist. botanography?

here i am sitting in my hotel room in columbus, ohio for the botany 2012 conference. this places me in the nerd category for ever i believe....

i got to the airport this morning a little bit before 12 and i had to take a taxi to the hotel. i have never taken a taxi before. i think this is because i've lived in a state of about 1 million people and everything is so far away a taxi would be a little ridiculous. so that was a first for me.

when i got to the conference i met up with my boss and he informed me that i was presenting my poster on video at 4. well thanks alot. anyways i quick put together a little presentation and went to go present my poster....it went okay. i did it a couple of times just so i wouldn't be so nervous in the video.

i went to a couple sessions but did not understand them. there were words that would take me 5 minutes to read being thrown around like a white trash crack addict throws the f bomb. crazy smart people there. on the other hand there are plenty of bearded--dreadheaded--chaco-wearing-males there. lol.

right now as i'm writing this my friend sarah is having a baby!!! its going to be a boy. Ethan!!! i'm so excited for her! when i went home to maine the other week i saw her and it was just so unreal that she was having a baby. i've known her since jr. high--the good ol' days. i love her and just wanna let her know that i'm praying for her!!

i don't know what i'm going to do with my life. i think i want to so do missions work overseas. Nepal, Mongolia, Norway, Colombia, Alaska. not quite sure where but i don't think i want to do a regular 9-5 job. it just seems so boring to me.

in two weeks i'm going to albuqurque, nm! i also turn the big 21!


 hahaha i just found this on pinterest. its so true!!! spank your kids and let them lose!! it builds character and teaches them that life isn't fair.


 oh and this gem i found on my desktop. these girls were my roommates for the two semesters of my jr year. pretty much every night was party night.

well i thought this post was a little boring so i figured i could liven it with a couple of random pictures :) hope you enjoyed them.

i'm going to bed now. i need to get up in 5 hrs and 23 minutes. off to another full day of meetings that i don't understand. ehh i'll just get some coffee in me and i'll be fine and dandy.









No comments:

Post a Comment