Tuesday, September 4, 2012

life in the north.

so its time for me to write again. i'm at moose river outpost in moose river, maine (8 miles south of the canadian border). i'm sitting on the deck overlooking the lake. its awesome. its kind of cloudy and it's supposed to rain for the next four days.

i moved in with the Coates family. they have three kids two girls and one boy, ages 4, 2, and 10 months. should be a fun winter :)

my car registration and inspection ran out last month and i was able to register it but not get it inspected. that worthless piece of metal is rusted out on the bottom and at any given moment my car could break and send me flying into the woods! once i get that fixed i'm selling it and buying something that will hopefully get me up the 3mile long driveway in the snow :)

i miss all my friends out at school. it's kinda weird not being there while everyone is back in classes i'm cleaning cabins at camp and welcoming groups from puerto rico to the maine northwood. its okay though, i'm pretty sure this is where God wants me for now. when i have the money i will go back to school and get my degree in environmental science. woo hoo for science people!

i'm applying for my passport! i figure if i live 8 miles from canada i should probably get my passport. plus i think its time i stop hiding in the trunk when i cross the border. :/

anywho, i don't have signal up here usually. once in a while my phone will vibrate for a couple minutes and then i know i've hit a hot spot for signal. it usually only lasts a short time not enough to call anyone :/ so pretty much the only way to get a hold of me is by snail mail, facebook, email, pigeon, or my favorite--smoke signals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment