Friday, August 17, 2012

i'm headin to MAINE!

well i'm off to another adventure!!! God has provided me with a job in northern maine at moose river outpost. i am done with the lab on the 24th and head to maine on the 27th!

today i was kinda freaking out about the job and then all of a sudden it hit me--i wasn't trusting the Lord to provide me with a job. he knew that i really wanted it but i was just not trusting that he would give it to me if he wanted me to have it. also i was freaking out about if i didn't get the job what would i do. i really did not want to stay working at the lab but it was my only other option until i found another job. i was listening to jars of clay, (love them) and one of their songs was on "out of my hands."  i realized that the whole job thing was 'out of my hands' and God knew exactly what was going to happen and i just needed to rest on him.

so today i'm sitting in the lab putting cranberry cuttings in envelopes and i get a call from the director of the camp. short story- i got the job! yay!

i will be working outside and out in the woods in the middle of nowhere! i know this may not sound like everyone's dream job but i love the outdoors and northern maine. its probably my favorite place to be :)

also can i just say that i love being able to go anywhere to get a job. i love not being tied down at all. i know its probably selfish but to be able to go pretty much anywhere and not have to really miss someone is kinda cool. now don't get me wrong i love and miss my family but i think its not the same.

tonight i was packing all my junk up and i realized i have a ton of clothes and junk. i don't know how i'm going to squeeze it all in my car. as long as i can somewhat see out my back window i guess i'm good.

i think i'm going to go to bed now. its not even 10 on a friday night. oh well. dad and dana are coming tomorrow night! :)

good night all.

2 comments:

  1. your next adventure for sure.....i know you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, a blog is a good way to journal. Keep your mind close to the Lord, and He will keep you close to Him. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete